Nanex is particularly selective of what we list, especially due to the relatively high infrastructural cost required compared to other exchanges. We do not intend to become an exchange full of dead markets and dead coins. Our general guideline is simply strong foundations: team, technology, community, and vision.
Basic mandatory requirements for listing
- The asset must be on it's own network. ERC-20 tokens, Komodo-based chains, etc are not eligible.
- It cannot be considered a security according to the Howey test.
- The team behind the coin must apply to be listed. While we do reach out to teams and our users are more than welcome to suggest listings, we do not list without mutual cooperation.
- Has a website other than an ANN on bitcointalk.org
- The network must be fully decentralized. There cannot be 'coordinators' or anything of that sort.
- The code must be open source
What we look for in potential listings
These are not requirements, rather things that stand out to us.
- New codebases. We are especially interested in listing brand new technologies, so long as they are at a fairly mature state and have an RPC available. Nano itself would be a good example of this - it was not forked from any existing cryptocurrency.
- Strong, diverse teams. We don't care about incorporation or LinkedIns - we will talk to the team ourselves and see if they've got their heads on straight.
- Tight-knit, active communities. Community is extremely important to us at Nanex, and we like seeing the same thing for any asset we list. If your community channels (i.e. Discord, Slack) are relatively dead or are full of nothing but 'when moon' lambo boys it's a bad indicator for us.
- Tech-focused, not price-focused. If we see something on your website that screams 'mad gains', we're likely going to give an instant no.
- A solid vision for the future of the asset. You don't have to have all the tech completely finished, but you do have to have a solid, reachable vision with demonstrated progress.
- Not already listed on top exchanges. Nanex is in a stage of growth where it would make little sense to list top 25 coins when they're already on exchanges with significantly more volume.
- An active github. We like to see ongoing development, not forks that changed nothing but a few parameters.
This is on a case-by-case basis and will be discussed with the team, but it generally ranges from 1 to 5 BTC (or equivalent in NANO). Sometimes we do not charge a listing fee at all. It largely depends on the difficulty of implementation, how much we like the coin (it's a financial investment for us too, after all) and whether or not the developers of the coin had a premine/ICO/fund of any sort.
If a team wishes to apply for listing, file a support ticket at https://support.nanex.co/ with basic information about your asset:
- Asset name
- Asset ticker
- Link to website
- Codebase type (UTXO/Bitcoin-based fork, custom codebase, ethereum fork, etc)
- Your role on the team
Please do not file an application if you are not a member of the team. If you'd like to suggest a coin, you can do so on our Discord or subreddit.